Teaching School Hub
We are delighted that Balcarras has been designated as one of the 87 Teaching School Hubs by the Department for Education to be one of the centres of excellence for teacher training and development. As a Hub we will be responsible for helping to improve Teacher Development for teachers at all stages of their career in all schools in Cheltenham, Stroud and the Cotswolds. Balcarras has a long history of working collaboratively with local and national providers to ensure high-quality teacher and leadership training and we will continue this by working will be working in close collaboration with the Odyssey Teaching School Hub who cover the rest of Gloucestershire.
We intend to work closely with each and every school and aim to enhance the links between Curriculum Hubs and all educational providers across the region.
We are committed to delivering and supporting the DfE's Golden Thread strategy.
Our Key Areas of focus are:
- The Early Career Framework (ECF). We are a delivery partner for the Full Induction Program (FIP) via UCL as the National Provider. This offer is delivered in conjuction with Odyssey Teaching School Hub to create the Gloucestershire ECF program.
- To facilitate the new specialist National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) in conjunction with Odyssey TS Hub.
- To offer Appropriate Body services for Early Career Teachers.
- To offer high-quality, evidence based professional development to school leaders and teachers. (CPD and training)
- Initial Teacher Training (ITT) we offer School Direct and work with all providers in the county to ensure that trainee teachers have the best possible provision.
Our Hub consists of 161 schools from Cheltenham, Stroud and the Cotswolds.
The Teaching School Hub has launched a new website;
If you would like to email us contact firstname.lastname@example.org