Welcome from the Head
A very warm welcome to the Balcarras School website.
Our aim at Balcarras is simple: we want this to be one of the very best schools in the country. We aim to ensure that our students receive a better education here than they would at any other school, be it comprehensive, grammar or independent. To this end we were delighted recently to win The Sunday Times Southwest State School of the Decade Award.
We pride ourselves that this is a school where every individual is valued and feels safe, where all students are inspired not only to do their best but to expand their horizons, and where everyone involved in school life feels a great sense of pride and enjoyment at being part of this community.
We are keen to emphasise not just academic success but those areas which bring colour and vitality to the student experience, such as art, drama, sport, music and the full range of extra-curricular activities on offer. I do hope that this visit to the school’s website will give you a flavour of some of these things and an insight into what makes the school a special place to be.
If you would like to follow up your virtual tour with a real one please get in touch.
We want Balcarras to continue to be regarded as one of the very best schools in the country. We are proud of our values:
- We believe that all children have a right to feel safe at school and we endeavour to make sure that every student is engaged and inspired by their education
- We believe fundamentally in the value of comprehensive education
- We believe that all children should receive an outstanding education regardless of ability, prior attainment or background
- We are committed to inclusion and we will continue to strive to make sure that our provision for children with Special Educational Needs or Disability is second to none
- We believe in a partnership with parents, business and the local community
- We believe that the school should provide a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities
- We are committed to the highest academic standards
We continue to set the same priorities:
making what takes place in the Classroom the most important thing we do
Finally we continue to strive to make Balcarras exceptional by putting
and Enjoyment at the heart of everything that we do