Welcome to the Year 9 Options Page
Pupils pick their GCSE option subjects in February of Year 9.
For the current Year 9 students the process will begin on Tuesday 1st February 2022.
We would like to invite parents and pupils to an options evening on Tuesday 1st February, from 7pm - 9pm. This event will take place in school.
If you are unable to attend please see the video below for an introduction to the process.
During the options evening we will introduce the options booklet outlining the subjects that are available from September 2022 to May 2024 and explain the options process. This booklet can be found below.
There will also be displays and representatives from each option subject in the school gym and sixth form common room. A number of these subjects pupils will not have encountered at Key Stage 3.
We do feel that it is important that the evening takes place face to face and so are taking the following steps to reduce any risk due to Covid.
- There will be 2 introductory presentations in the hall:
- Foley and Graveney pupils and parents to attend the 7 - 7.30pm presentation
- Ottewell and Selvey pupils and parents to attend the 8 - 8.30pm presentation.
- The options stands and representatives will be spilt between the gym and the sixth form common room.
- Where possible we would ask pupils are accompanied by only one parent or guardian.
- We would ask parents and pupils to wear face coverings.
- Where possible we would ask parents to have a negative lateral flow Covid test before attending the evening.
There will be a period of three weeks after this for you and your child to make choices, and I would encourage you to make the most of the Year 9 parents’ evening on Thursday 17th February to discuss options with individual subject teachers.
Your child will be sent a link to an online form via which to submit their options. They will be asked to check with you that you are happy with their choices before they submit this form.
The deadline for the online submission of Option Forms is Tuesday 1st March 2022.
Some A-level subjects have a minimum grade requirement from GCSE while some subjects do not have to have been studied at GCSE (such as Psychology). See our sixth form pages for more information on this, or talk to subject teachers.