Parents /carers Awareness Session 22nd November 2022
Satveer Niijjar - Self harm
5-7pm Main hall
We are delighted to welcome Satveer Niijjar to Balcarras school. Satveer is an expert in her field and works with many organisations around the UK. The evening will be open to all parents/ carers of students at Balcarras school. There is no need for advance booking - we look forward to welcoming you all. This is a live event and will not be recorded.
The aim of the session is to improve understanding of self-harm behaviours and how to respond appropriately.
What will be covered?
- What is self-harm?
- What can lead a young person to self-harm?
- Functions of self-harm?
- Supporting a child who is self-harming.
- How can self-harm make you, the parent feel?
- The support that is available for you and your child
- The aim is to build knowledge and confidence about an often taboo, misunderstood and stigmatised topic