Well being hub
Balcarras has teamed up with Cheltenham Ladies College to offer Health and well being support for pupils and staff at Balcarras for free. Below are details on how to offer support to your child. Or if you are feeling anxious or worried this is a great first step to get help and guidance.
Creating an environment that nurtures pupil mental health and wellbeing is a key priority for us at Balcarras School.
To help us do this, Cheltenham Ladies College have kindly invested in a one-year subscription to The Wellbeing Hub for Balcarras School, developed by child and adolescent mental health and wellbeing experts, Teen Tips. We are delighted to let you know that, as a parent of Balcarras school, you are entitled to free access, and we highly recommend you take the opportunity to register and start using these resources.
The Wellbeing Hub is an interactive online portal, designed to help you understand and meet your child’s social and emotional needs. We believe it will be a great source of information and support for our whole school community.
As a member, you benefit from:
- Complete Parenting Teens and Parenting 2-12’s Audio & Video Courses
- Weekly Updated Resources - podcasts, articles, tips and more
- Weekly Live Q&A with a Child & Adolescent Psychotherapist
- Careers Advice Articles and Webinars, as well as Inspiring Futures Mini-Podcasts - insiders’ perspectives on different industries, roles, and career paths
- Q&A Library
- Self-Care - an area to find positivity, inspiration, good news and more
- Member Offers
- Parenting One-to-Ones (paid service)
- Access to Specialist help and support
- Monthly Webinars from in-house and guest, expert-level speakers on a range of topics
You can find a Guided Video Tour of The Wellbeing Hub for Parents here and a Visual Guide here.
Our pupils are being given access to The Wellbeing Hub via two different platforms, one for those in Years 7,8 & 9 and one for those in Years 10, 11 and 6th form, with resources tailored specifically to support them with their mental health and wellbeing.
The Wellbeing Hub for Pupils
The Wellbeing Hub for pupils includes:
- Answers - a bank of Q&As on a range of topics
- Top Tips - short films, blogs, and tip sheets on all manner of themes
- Self-Care - an area to find positivity, inspiration, good news and more. Self-care is also available in The Wellbeing Hub for Parents so you can access it too
- Futures - Inspiring Futures Podcasts
- Help Zone - with links to specialist organisations if they need extra support or advice
- Access to our Wellbeing Ambassadors Programme for Pupils, encouraging them to champion their own and their peers’ wellbeing
You can find a Visual Guide to the Junior Pupil Hub Years 7, 8 & 9 here.
You can find a Guided Tour Video to the Pupil Hub for Years 10, 11 & 6th form here.
We will, in the upcoming weeks, dedicate a tutor period to allowing the children to log in and access The Wellbeing Hub.
Accessing The Wellbeing Hub for parents and carers:
Instructions on how to register and links for accessing The Wellbeing Hub are detailed in our
private parents’ portal which can be found here:
You will be asked to create your own username and password.
If you have any specific queries about access, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are so pleased to be able to provide this resource to students, parents, and staff. We hope you find The Wellbeing Hub beneficial for your family and we welcome your feedback.