Update from the Head 5th November
I hope you are all well as we approach the end of the first week back after half term. The week has gone well and there has been a positive atmosphere in the school.
Updated Government Guidance
Late on Wednesday afternoon the government published updated guidance for schools in light of the government’s decision at the end of last month to begin another period of lockdown from the 5th of November.
I very much welcome the decision to keep schools open during this period and I am convinced it is the right decision.
Use of facemasks
As you will know by now the government have insisted that all schools should use face coverings in communal areas and in corridors during this period and that this should take effect as quickly as is possible and definitely by Monday 9th November.
We have gone through our guidance with the pupils in school but here it is for your information
You should wear your face covering:
- When you enter the school site in the morning until you enter your tutor room.
- On your whole journey from one lesson to another.
- At breaktimes and lunchtimes in corridors.
- At breaktimes and lunchtimes when in an indoor communal space such as the canteen or common room. You may take you face covering off when sitting down and eating or drinking.
- When you leave your last lesson of the day until you exit the school site.
When wearing a face covering you should:
- use hand sanitiser before putting on a face covering
- avoid wearing your face covering on your neck or forehead
- avoid touching the part of the face covering in contact with your mouth and nose, as it could be contaminated with the virus
- change the face covering if it becomes damp
- avoid taking it off and putting it back on a lot in quick succession (for example, when moving between school buildings)
When removing a face covering:
- use hand sanitiser before removing
- only handle the straps, ties or clips
- do not give it to someone else to use
- use hand sanitiser once removed
The government have instructed secondary schools to postpone all before and after school clubs. It is with some reluctance that we do this but with the promise that we will re-start them as soon as we can.
Lunchtime clubs can continue as can instrumental music lessons.
Can I take this opportunity to reiterate that we all of our previous COVID routines continue and we remain convinced that encouraging high levels of hygiene remain the best possible defence. Can I also take this opportunity to once again reassure you that we have every contingency plan in place to react quickly to any sort of imposed lockdown, so that learning can continue whatever the circumstance.
When the weekend arrives I hope you all enjoy it.