There are currently no teaching vacancies.
Support Staff Vacancies
JOB TITLE: Site Apprentice
RESPONSIBLE TO: Site Manager.
SALARY: £140 per week
HOURS: 37 hours per week. Normally 9am until 5pm but some flexibility is required
TRAINING: Workplace training plus college attendance working towards a Level 2 Support Services Apprenticeship with Betaris Training.
JOB PURPOSE: To undertake a range of maintenance duties relating to the premises and grounds of the school.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintenance of school premises, grounds and sports facilities
- The use and maintenance of hand tools and basic light machinery
- To keep boarders, thoroughfares and footpaths clear and free from litter
- Prepare plant beds if and when required
- Renewing light bulbs and fluorescent fittings and cleaning fittings
- Carry out daily litter collection duties and emergency cleaning duties arising during the working day
- Take delivery of school supplies and distribute as necessary
- Assist with manual tasks as required including the moving and setting up of furniture for school functions
- Ensuring that Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work smoothly and harmoniously with other members of staff
- Ability to work under pressure and remain cheerful and composed
- Ability to deal competently and diplomatically with requests
- GCSE or equivalent qualifications
- DBS Check
- Willingness to work flexible hours
All levels of teaching and support staff, pupils, parents, Governors, contractors and external bodies.
This job description sets out the main duties of the post at the date shown below. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
To apply please complete the school application form. Any queries please contact Mrs Jill Lewis – email@example.com / 01242 515 881 ext: 146
Closing Date for applications: Friday, 19th October 2018
4 to 5 days per week 10.30am-3pm at £7.83 per hour
Be part of a dynamic and friendly team providing catering for 1500 pupils, staff and hospitality events. Some knowledge of preparation and cooking of food is required; however, training will be given including the Food Hygiene Level 2 qualification. Other duties will include serving, handling cash & cleaning. A DBS check will be required before the position can be confirmed.
Please email kitchen@firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Ian on 01242 545115 for further details and an application form.
Applying for a Vacancy
An application form is available below for any vacancy (in Microsoft Word and PDF formats). Application forms can be returned by email (email@example.com) or printed off, filled in and returned by post to the School.
|Application Form (Written Submission) | PDF Document (179kb)|
|Application Form (Online/Typed Submission) | Word Document (254kb)|
|Recruitment Selection and Disclosure Policy | PDF Document (106kb)|
Balcarras Apprenticeship Scheme
For more information and details on how to apply, please contact Mrs Lewis via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the application process you will be required to complete an online DBS check.