Every year Balcarras runs a ski trip (or two!) for pupils of all abilities from complete novice to expert skier.
We will return to the idyllic Myrkdalen Resort in Norway during February half-term 2020 following two hugely successful and memorable trips in 2018 and 2019.
Departure Saturday April 15th 2020 (3am).
Return Friday April 21st 2020 (midnight).
The cost of the trip covers:
- Return transfers from Balcarras to Gatwick Airport (2.5 hours)
- Return flights to Bergen on Norwegian Air (2 hours)
- Coach transfers from Bergen to resort (2.5 hours)
- Accommodation in the excellent slope side Myrkdalen hotel in rooms for 3 or 4.
- Full-board including massive breakfast, hot lunches & evening meal
- 5 days of ski instruction (5 hours per day)
- Ski equipment including skis, boots, helmet and poles
- Free night skiing (for suitably experienced skiers - dependent on weather conditions)
- School led evening activities including quiz, tobogganing, bingo, film night, Champions league football
- Souvenir shopping visit to Bergen prior to going back to the airport
- Optional swimming visit to Voss inclusive of entrance fee & coach transfer (approximately 200 kroner)
- Ski Clothing (specialist ski clothing company will attend parents' information evening in November)
45 pupils have already paid their deposit to secure their place.
There are a maximum of 64 spaces available at present.
Pupils who have indicated they wish to go, but have yet to pay a deposit will remain on a reserve list.
The details above will be updated regularly on the notice board in the canteen.
Pupils from any year group can collect a letter from Mr Dean if they are interested in taking part.
Alternatively a copy of the letter can be downloaded via the link provided.
No previous ski experience is necessary but all novices need to complete a five session course at Matson dry slope (Gloucester) prior to the trip. There will be a nominal charge for this training which will be arranged as usual by Mr Davidson in the Autumn term.
Experienced skiers can also join the novices for some practice sessions (for a small charge) if there is space available on the minibus.
Please contact myself by e-mail: email@example.com if you have any queries.
Malcolm Dean (Ski Party Leader)